Corporate Social Responsibility takes many forms and, in our minds, needs to be an active part of a company’s core business model. It has a positive effect on the lives of our employees, their families and our clients - which is why we are proud to say that CSR is the way we conduct business on a daily basis.
Giving has always been a tradition at The American Companies. Not just on the corporate end, but also among our employees as well. We are all in it together, because we care. For us charity goes beyond donating money - we are constantly looking for ways to invest our time and be responsible members of our community.
One of our commitments is to the Make a Wish Foundation. For the last 5 years we have been sponsoring an employee team “Team American” for the Make a Wish Foundation – Walk for Wishes. This year’s Walk was held on October 13, 2012 at Liberty State Park, NJ with numerous employees participating.
Below are some of the other charities and organizations we support on a regular basis. Each of them has a meaning to someone in The American Companies, so please check them out because a better community creates better lives.
- Veterans Coat Drive – Nov. 12-16th
- Moonachie Mystery Run for Muscular Dystrophy – Oct. 27th
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Walk, Staten Island, NY Oct. 14th
- Make a Wish Foundation – Walk for Wishes (Team American), at Liberty State Park, NJ Oct. 13th
- Wounded Warrior Walk – Sept. 29th
- American Heart Association Walk (Team Brave Hearts), Chicago, IL Sept. 28th
- NJ Run for the Fallen – Sept. 28th
- Adler Aphasia Center – Westward HO – Sept. 27th
- Spectrum for Living Walk – Sept. 9th
- Susan Komen Cancer Group Walk - Sept 10th, 2017